Looking for some entertainment? Phu Quoc island has some interesting options available and in the future as tourism develops there will be more on offer. We have come up with some suggestions below for any of our visitors that are crying out for some fun in the sun.
For a great evening entertainment, some of the Resorts on the island offer walk in Karaoke rooms that seat around a dozen people that you can hire by the hour. Prices are very reasonable, with drinks and food also available on order at most places.
This is a fantastic experience and will leave you laughing for hours. We have sung at the Karaoke rooms and found these to be terrific. Here’s what is available;
• Long Beach Karaoke: 124 Trần Hưng Đạo street
• Karaoke Alo 100: 100 Trần Hưng Đạo street
• Happy Karaoke Phú Quốc: 92, 30/4 street
• Karaoke King: Nguyen Thai Binh street
• Phu Quoc Day Spa in Tran Hung Dao Street has traditional Thai massage, Swedish massage, Indian Head Massage in addition to the typical Viet treatments. There is sauna and steam room so you are certain to leave refreshed after a session here with the Spa’s experienced staff.
• La Veranda Spa also in Tran Hung Dao Street offers several options so how about this? Have a 90 minute Vietnamese Massage, or alternatively an Oriental Massage of similar duration. A scrub with sea salt is another alternative in a spa well worth a visit.
• Aroma Spa again in Tran Hung Dao Street; it is not an expensive hotel and the spa services are certainly value for money.
• Mango Bay Wellness Center is in Duong Dong Town and offers facials, hot stone massages, aromatherapy and look out for their special promotions.
• Spa Linh is yet another in Tran Hung Dao Street within the Thanh Hai Guest House. It is a small and intimate place where you can cool off after a hot day, getting a massage from Linh herself.
• Aquamarine Ngoc Hai Lam Spa in Nguyen Trung Truc Street near Ong Lang Beach stays open until late even though the doors open around 0900.
• Salinda Resort has a new massage facility which guests can use to help their reinvigoration at the end of the day.
• Chen Sea and Spa Resort has great spa facilities and its location in a quiet bay matches anything you will have experienced.
Phu Quoc Island is the home to some of Asia’s best casino’s and as an international gambling destination it pulls in more money than any other casino in Vietnam. Superb architecture, fine dining, exciting night life and luxury five star accommodations compliment Phu Quoc’s 30,000m² of space allocated for casino’s and gambling, including up to 400 roulette tables, 2,000 slot and gaming machines, and 300 tables for blackjack, baccarat, and others.
Many of Phu Quoc’s casinos are hosted in either luxury hotels or are full blown all-inclusive casino resorts and the island is the only place in Vietnam with legal casinos and gambling. Since Phu Quoc is classified as a special economic zone of Vietnam, visitors to the island can stay visa free for up to 30 days. As such many gamblers arrive from direct flights from Singapore, Thailand, Sweden, Russia, China, India, Korea, and Cambodia,U.K., and even India. They arrive not just for the islands casinos but also to relax on some of the best beaches in all of Asia.
The casino on Phu Quoc is called the “Vingroup Casino” and has the following characteristics:
• 8.800 square meters casino floor;
• 2 floors, swimming pool;
• A 4 star hotels with 1,440 rooms 8 floors;
• A Star hotels divided into 1 block and 1 block 7 floors 5 floors’
• Multi-story convention center’
• Theater ;
• A shopping complex called Bai Dai Walking Street.
Casino Phú Quốc is located in Gành Dầu in between Grand World Resort and Vinpearl Resort, near Bai Dai Beach. There are direct shuttle bus transfers to both the casino as well as the beach resorts found up here via the Phu Quoc International Airport. Ganh Dau is approximately 25 minutes away from Duong Dong Town, the islands capital.
The Phu Quoc Casino will have the following games:
• Roulette – 100 tables
• Black Jack
• Poker, traditional and Texas holdem
• Sic Bo
• Slot Machines – 1000+
• and 1000 slot machines.
The gambling you will see at some of these establishments is not for the faint of heart. While there are plenty of shows, entertainment and nightlife, Phu Quoc really is a hardcore gamblers dream set in a upscale environment.