Like Vietnam itself, Phu Quoc Island has a varied history with numerous nations occupying the island over the past couple of centuries, including Vietnam, Cambodia, France and America. Phu Quoc Island forms part of Vietnam, and even though the ...
Phu Quoc Island Self-planned Travel Experience
If you are a travel enthusiast, it is certainly no stranger to the name Phu Quoc island - the largest island in Vietnam, located in the Gulf of Thailand and the territory of Kien Giang province with an area of about 589,23 km².
This article will help you get the most detailed information about Phu Quoc, the experiences of people living in Phu Quoc so that you can have a self-planned Phu Quoc trip at your fingertips.
1. When is the best time to travel to Phu Quoc?
According to the experience of locals and those who have been doing Phu Quoc tourism for a long time, this place is most beautiful from the end of October to around April next year.
It is most beautiful in the dry season, with lots of sunshine and calm waves. That's why to immerse in the blue sea, golden sunshine, and white sand, the most important thing is to preview Phu Quoc's weather to choose a date to travel Phu Quoc.
2. Book rooms and air tickets
You should book rooms and air tickets from reputable companies and websites such as booking.com, agoda.com, ivivu.com, traveloka. In particular, the website phuquoctrip.com with 15 years of experience specializing in the booking room, air tickets to Phu Quoc at reasonable prices.
Phu Quoc has many accommodation options for tourists such as homestay, dorm, bungalow, hotel, resort. The standard is from budget to an international 5-star.
If you travel to Phu Quoc in the high season, you should book from 2 to 3 months in advance to get low prices and accommodation when coming to Phu Quoc. If you do not book in advance, there are very few rooms available at Tet and holidays. The same goes for air tickets.
In the rainy season from May to October, the number of tourists to Phu Quoc decreases, so this is also the low-cost tourist season of Phu Quoc.
3. Necessary items for Phu Quoc travel
- Costumes & accessories: You must prepare swimwear, the bikini is for slim people, a one-piece bathing suit is a smart choice for those of you with a plump body. Maxi dresses are perfect for those afternoons watching the sunset and chilling at beach bars. The wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses are to protect you under the harsh sun of Phu Quoc.
- Sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent, etc you should also bring to protect your skin.
4. Means of transportation in Phu Quoc
For those of you who have booked combo Phu Quoc travel and Phu Quoc daily tours, travel companies have prepared a car to pick and drop you up at the hotel, so there is no need to worry about the method of travel.
For those who love to explore by yourself, you can rent a motorbike from 100,000 VND to 150,000 VND. So where to rent a motorbike? Rest assured, car rental owners always have links with hotels, you only need to go to the front desk for assistance.
In addition to motorbikes, you can also choose a taxi or rent a car to move around with the condition that you hire drivers or have a driving license.
5. Make a list of places to visit
Phu Quoc is an island where the attractions spread from the South to the North, so when you have a list of must-visit places in Phu Quoc, you will know how to plan the schedule accordingly, saving time and cost.
Some famous places in the South of Phu Quoc are Hon Thom cable car & Aquatopia water park, May Rut Trong island, Gam Ghi island, Sao beach, Ho Quoc pagoda, Phu Quoc prison historic monument.
Some famous attractions in the North of Phu Quoc are Rach Vem fishing village, Cua Can river (kayaking), national park, Ganh Dau beach, Grand World, VinWonders, Vinpearl Safari.
6. Make a list of dishes to enjoy
You need to make a list of dishes to try when traveling to Phu Quoc so as not to miss any delicious dishes. Some Phu Quoc food that you must try:
- Bun quay Kien Xay
- Bun ken Ut Luom
- Banh canh cha ca Phung
- Goi ca trich
- Ham Ninh blue crab
- Sea urchin
7. Must-try activities when traveling to Phu Quoc:
- Snorkeling, freediving, scuba diving at small islands such as Gam Ghi island, May Rut Trong island, Buom island, etc.
- Experience Sea Walking at the coral park.
- Experience thrilling games at VinWonders Phu Quoc and Aquatopia water park.
- Water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, SUP, flyboarding.
If you have any questions when traveling to Phu Quoc, contact John's Tours Phu Quoc. Wish you have a happy trip to Phu Quoc and lots of good memories.